Supervisor Crew Leader
In partnership with the Mayor’s YouthWorks program and several non-profits in Southeast Baltimore, Banner Neighborhoods Community Corporation provides neighborhood youth with community-based work experience, job and life skills training and community engagement experience in the summer months to prepare them for future employment.
Banner’s Summer Employment Program is a part of the Southeast Youth Collaborative, a group of nine organizations. In partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development’s YouthWorks program, these organizations provide meaningful work experience, employment training, enrichment, and community engagement for older youth living in Southeast Baltimore.
The Crew Supervisor’s role is to manage a group of 10 YouthWorkers for 5 weeks. They must be able to clearly express themselves orally and in written format. The Crew Supervisor will also thoughtfully plan, implement, and be able to multi-task various projects.
Crew Supervisor Duties
- Survey neighborhood green spaces, gardens, parks and surrounding areas for potential improvement projects (such as, but not limited to, tree pit mulching, removing weeds and debris from streets and sidewalks, etc.)
- Plan daily work activities, ensure appropriate equipment and supplies are available
- Supervise youth while performing duties assigned
- Work in unison with staff from Southeast Youth Jobs Collaborative and Banner Neighborhoods to plan, implement, and evaluate projects
- Track inventory of tools and equipment in storage
- Participate in administering job and life skills curriculum, enrichment activities, and field trips
- Collect daily attendance and pre/post program survey data and evaluations from the YouthWorkers
- Prepare detailed reports on activities performed over the summer
- Maintain up-to-date CPR and First Aid training certification for the duration of the summer
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are necessary. Employees are expected to maintain confidentiality, have ability to multi-task, maintain a positive attitude and project a professional image to internal and external contacts.
Employees must be self-directed, anticipating opportunities and challenges before they become a detriment to the program. Employees must be energetic and possess the ability to work independently and comfortably among diverse communities. Employees are expected to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive documents.
- Experience leading youth in traditional or non-traditional settings
- Bachelors preferred, but a minimum of 2 years in post-secondary education acceptable
- Experience planning and implementing programs or projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) is necessary
- Submit to and pass a background check
The position is temporary but full time at 40 hours per week for 8 weeks. The position pays $15/hr. Start date is June 11, 2018. Crew Supervisors must attend orientation from June 11th through June 22nd and be available until the end of programming, August 10th, 2018.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Supervisor Crew Leader”.
Banner Neighborhoods offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.