What We Do
Banner Neighborhoods’ Senior Home Maintenance programs provide a combination of direct home repair services and resource referrals to ensure that older and/or disabled homeowners in East & Southeast Baltimore can continue living in the safety and comfort of their own home.
Our participants enjoy knowing there is always a neighbor to call when a smoke detector breaks or a new handrail needs to be installed, when a roof leaks or the house gets too drafty in the winter — and even when they need to talk to someone about estate planning or high bills.
- Call 410-585-8810 and ask for Brandon Booth: email@example.com.
- Set up a one-hour in-home assessment.
- Decide which solutions are best for you and how to get the work done!
All program participants must:
- Own and live in their own homes
- Live within our service area, defined by: Monument Street (northern boundary), Boston Street (southern boundary), Haven Street(eastern boundary), and Washington Street (western boundary)
Banner Neighborhoods participates in two separate senior maintenance programs, with slightly differing eligibility requirements, as outlined below.
Participants in the Home Maintenance Program (HMP) must:
- be at least 62 years of age
- be disabled and receiving SSI
Participants in Housing Upgrades to Benefit Seniors (“HUBS”) must:
- be at least 65 years of age
- have an annual income of no more than 80% of the area median income (our staff can assist you in determining if you meet this requirement)
Home Maintenance Program (HMP) services
- Checking and replacing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Replacing light bulbs
- Caulking windows to stop drafts
- Installing and stabilizing hand rails and grab bars
- Moving AC units
- …and more
Housing Upgrades to Benefit Seniors (HUBS) services
- Guiding and advocating through public and non-profit home rehab, roof repair, and weatherization program application processes
- Screening for benefits to reduce property taxes and other bills
- Connecting to resources like free legal services, food programs, and transportation programs