Announcing our Career Pathways Program
Career Pathways is a paid 12-week (3 hours per week) virtual career & job readiness program, hosted by Banner Neighborhoods, where participants will develop a 10-year career plan, along with learning the essential skills to get started in the workforce. Each week, participants will attend two, 1.5-hour live class through Zoom, lead by a Career Pathways facilitator or a guest speaker/presenter. Participants will be paid $12/hour for their live class attendance, active participation, and completion of assignments.
Participants will be working to complete a 10-year career plan through the course of the program. These plans will be presented to the class through PowerPoint, Prezi, or different presentation software.
How to Apply
Participants must be Baltimore City residents and be the age of 15 -19. To apply, complete our application through Google Forms. Once the application is submitted, the registration packet will be sent to the email listed on the application. Completed registration packets must be sent back to the program director to confirm the participant’s enrollment.
Outline of Program
Live classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM over Zoom. Classes starts. October 27th!
- Week 1: Orientation & Envisioning Your Future
- Week 2: Your Personal Profile
- Week 3: Lifestyles of the Satisfied & Happy
- Week 4: What Cost This Lifestyle?
- Week 5: Your Ideal Career
- Week 6: Career Research
- Week 7: Decision Making
- Week 8: Setting Goals & Solving Problems
- Week 9: Avoiding Detours & Roadblocks
- Week 10: Attitude is Everything
- Week 11: Your Skills Inventory
- Week 12: Making Changes
- Computer or tablet, able to download and run the Zoom (www.zoom.us) software and access Google Classroom
- A microphone – built-in to your computer or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- Earbuds, headphones, or headset to avoid extra noise and does not cause an echo in the class
- A webcam – one which is built-in to your computer/tablet or one that connects to your computer/tablet via USB
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps ) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps