Position Summary: Assist in developing, organizing, and implementing high quality community sports programs for kids ages 9-14 in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Coach sports such as basketball, soccer, and a variety of other sports; virtually and offsite locations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervises program activities to meet standards of Banner Neighborhood Community Corporation
- Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, training, and meetings for coaches.
- Maintain paperwork.
- Set up equipment and field/court for games, practices, and monitor equipment
- Provide a safe environment for practice and games by checking the condition of field/court. Examine field/court prior to practice and games for unexpected hazards.
- Enforce and adhere to Banner’s policies and procedures.
- Be accessible by phone or email.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of youth sports programs along with registration.
- Plan and supervise games, practice, and events
- Supervise volunteers such as assistant coaches, managers, or team parents.
- Assist with grant requests and quarterly reports to funders.
- Assist in recruiting volunteers and participants.
- Encourage parent involvement.
- Collect and maintain participant attendance and other pertinent documentation.
- Give each player equal playing time.
- Report any problems with fields, equipment, player behavior, parent behavior or officials to the Director of Youth Sports.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Desire to work with youth and have enthusiasm, patience, and organization, maturity, dependability, and be responsible.
- Experience working with kids 9 – 14 years old
- Be available for practices, games, and meetings
- Sports experience as player and/or coach
- Familiarity with MS Office products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Completion of HS diploma or equivalence