Banner Seniors Resource Coordinator
Founded in 1982, Banner Neighborhoods Community Corporation (Banner) is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower east Baltimore communities with life-enriching programs for youth and older adults. We are seeking an energetic, knowledgeable, and collaborative person to create a new scope of services within the Banner Seniors initiative.
Currently, Banner Seniors offers housing upgrades and home maintenance services so that senior homeowners can age gracefully in place. The Community Resource Coordinator will help Banner add a comprehensive program of wrap-around services to address issues such as food insecurity, limited access to transportation and medical services, social isolation, and difficulty applying for government services.
This position requires excellent organization, communication & problem-solving skills; knowledge of community resources for seniors; and prior experience in social services and/or working with older adults in a direct service setting. A BA or BS in social work, psychology, gerontology, or a related field is preferred. This is a full-time position and requires some evening and weekend work. The successful candidate will need to pass a background check before being hired.
Direct service responsibilities
- Visit clients in their homes or virtually to conduct a thorough assessment of their needs, strengths, and existing support networks.
- Develop a service plan for each senior.
- Connect clients with community and government resources that can help meet their needs.
- Help clients apply for benefits for which they are eligible.
- Follow up with clients to monitor progress.
- Coordinate services with the HUBS Coordinator as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate case records.
- Complete reports as required.
- Analyze client data to determine what kinds of services are in greatest demand.
- Develop partnerships with academic, non-profit, and faith-based organizations that can provide those services.
- Develop partnership agreements for the delivery of services.
- Evaluate services to determine effectiveness.
- Assist in developing new services, such as social events, as requested by the clients.
- Represent Banner at community association meetings and other gatherings.
- Work with the Director of Programs on grant opportunities.
Job Skills and Experience Needs
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in working with seniors.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Creative, particularly in special event planning and marketing.
- Working knowledge of social media
Reports to: Program Director, Banner’s Seniors
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $46,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Masks must be worn at all times and proof of COVID vaccination is required.