We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Founded in 1982, Banner Neighborhoods Community Corporation (Banner) is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower east Baltimore communities with life-enriching programs for youth and older adults. Banner has grown quickly over the past three years, necessitating new practices in recording, reporting, and analyzing data. We are seeking a self-starter and independent worker who will thrive in both virtual and in-person work environments. Technology needed to work from home will be provided, if needed, for the duration of the pandemic.
Job Description and Qualifications
The Data Manager will lead implementation of Social Solutions’ Apricot data management system and MS Sharepoint collaboration software for Banner. Data management and administration experience required; Apricot training will be provided if necessary. The Data Manager will work with program staff and leadership to identify needs and potential uses such as enrollment management, case management, outcomes reporting, and grant management. He/she will establish protocols for data entry to ensure timely and accurate input. The Data Manager will use templates built into the Apricot system to create reports in configurations required by various funders. He/she will provide database training and support to program staff and leadership to maximize the software’s capabilities. The Data Manager will troubleshoot problems and assist with analyzing and interpreting data as requested.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Master Apricot software through training and practice
- Work with staff and leadership to understand needs and priorities
- Create a timeline to achieve full implementation
- Provide group and individual training for all staff on the capabilities of Apricot and
- MS Sharepoint, opportunities, potential challenges and timelines for implementation
- Work with program staff individually to create the tools they need to manage their data
- Work with leadership to identify uses of and implement Apricot in organizational management
- Assist with data entry when appropriate
- Run reports, analyze data, and troubleshoot data to ensure reports accurately reflect the work completed.
- Provide assistance to staff on an on-going basis
- Submit monthly reports on progress
This position is offered in collaboration with Up2Us Sports and with support from Volunteers In Service To America (VISTA), a federally-funded program in which individuals make a year-long, full-time commitment to work at a nonprofit organization or public agency. Each VISTA member receives a living allowance and either an end-of-service stipend or an education award. More information can be found at https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-programs/americorps-vista